Things I should have been doing tonight:
* Revising my draft for this essay contest
(needs to be submitted by Wednesday morning)
* Making food (I've barely dirtied a dish in this house in three or four weeks, except for coffee)
* Answering a whole lot of emails I've been stalling on, several of them related to pending freelance projects
* Sleeping, probably (been fighting an impending cold on and off for a week)
* Meditating to integrate the lessons of today (on which I'm not going to expound beyond the fact that they basically boil down to Chill The F**k Out)
Things I did instead:
* Laundry (okay, needful)
* Errands of various kinds (okay, also needful)
* Consumed previously-made food
* Refreshed Facebook etc. about 67 times (what this post calls "insecurity work"
, and which I kinda need to get a handle on, stat)
And, I mean, when tonight's class got cancelled I thought seriously for a while about going ice skating
tonight, and I guess it's just as good I didn't do that, either. (Though I really, really intend to, and soon. Whether or not I can talk anyone else into coming.)
On the other hand, there is something remarkably soothing about folding your partner's laundry. T-shirts, socks, underwear. All the stuff of a week.( Thanksgiving notes, with particular gratitude to firstfrost )
And I didn't really get much writing done, but I did a little, at least, and a little reading too.
On which note, gonna go try to make actual progress for another half an hour, and then make good on that sleeping thing.